View full story charlesmayerfinal1228.jpg

Story: Oct 16, 2014

Commitment to CIA runs deep for Charles Mayer '64

View details Unruly Engagements Conference

Events: Nov 06, 2014 @ Cleveland Institute of Art in Cleveland, OH

Unruly Engagements Conference

View full story

Story: Oct 03, 2014

CIA grads at Chrysler draw on well-cultivated creativity as ...

View details Opening Reception Community Works: Artist as Social Agent

CIA Exhibition: Nov 07, 2014

Opening Reception Community Works: Artist as Social Agent

View Link

Social: 2 days ago via Facebook

CIA and The Euclid Tavern go way, way back. Countless alumni, including renowned rock poster artist Derek Hess 88, have happy memories of good times and great ...

View full story chiyuliao.jpg

Story: Sep 26, 2014

CIA's Community Works series focuses on socially engaged art...

View details Fall 2014 Open House

Events: Nov 15, 2014

Fall 2014 Open House

View full story dormdeckyoga.jpg

Story: Aug 27, 2014

New residence hall welcomes first-year students in comfort, ...

Blog . Fluid Automata

Fluid Automata

04/19/12  |  Posted by Keri Svoboda  |  Posted in Digital Canvas - Apps & Accessories

The idea of being able to morph someone's face into a blob of nothingness is always calming to the nerves as we approach the end of the semester. Fluid Automata is an interesting application that allows the users to temporarily destroy a photo, live video, or preset to create unique and beautiful works of unrecognizable artworks. This app rather reminds me of the Windows Media Player visualization option for your music. It's interesting to see an application that gives that freedom back to the user, but I don't find it extremely creative or unique. Fluid Automata, Live Video Streaming (2011) from Angus Forbes on Vimeo. There are some huge pitfalls in this application! The biggest pitfall is how it caused my iPad to crash 3 times before locking me out of my iPad by making my screen totally unresponsive. I even had to take it to the CIA IT department to get it fixed. Upon receiving my iPad back, I promptly deleted this application from my iPad to prevent further problems. Another seems to be that it it nearly completely live and you can't save videos of what you're doing, only pictures. I give this application a barely 1 out of 5. I have to be honest here. This app is not very creative, rather boring, incredibly overly buggy, and not very responsive, despite the multiple sliders that show up on the screen. I would not recommend this app to anyone who values the shelf life of their iPad or has anything else to do. I researched other users' experiences with this application and found that I am not alone in my thoughts. I truly believe that this application would be much more enjoyable if it worked and my opinion would be nearly completely changed. But overall, it goes without saying that I hated this app, unlike any other app I have ever seen or reviewed before. For those of you who hate Apple and want to risk destroying your equipment, the link to purchase Fluid Automata is below.To hard restart your iPad, hold down both the home button and the button on the top of your iPad until it shuts itself off. Fluid Automata in iTunes - $1.99

0