View full story n2-clay-studio.jpg

Story: Mar 03, 2015

Ceramics designers learned skills, gained confidence at CIA

View details CIA Freshman Mail Art at MOCA

Events: Jan 19, 2015 @ Museum of Contemporary Art Cleveland in Cleveland, OH

CIA Freshman Mail Art at MOCA

View full story victoryfinal215medium1.jpg

Story: Feb 18, 2015

CIA students create appealing designs for co-working space

View details 69th Annual Student Independent Exhibition

CIA Exhibition: Feb 13, 2015

69th Annual Student Independent Exhibition

View Link

Social: about 22 hours ago via Facebook

CIA 1991 grad, and our 2015 commencement speaker Brian Michael Bendis dishes on Spider-Man and The Avengers in this article from The Plain Dealer.

View full story newgundfinal1157951robertmullermedium3.jpg

Story: Jan 09, 2015

Time-lapse video shows completion of major construction on n...

View details CIA Financial Aid Nights

Events: Feb 24, 2015

CIA Financial Aid Nights

View full story unknown.png

Story: Nov 03, 2014

CIA video shows off new Uptown Residence Hall

View details Sarah McKenzie Artist Talk

Events: Mar 04, 2015

Sarah McKenzie Artist Talk

View full story bestregmidwest.jpg

Story: Aug 18, 2014

CIA again named to "Best in the Midwest" list

Blog . Fluid Automata

Fluid Automata

04/19/12  |  Posted by Keri Svoboda  |  Posted in Digital Canvas - Apps & Accessories

The idea of being able to morph someone's face into a blob of nothingness is always calming to the nerves as we approach the end of the semester. Fluid Automata is an interesting application that allows the users to temporarily destroy a photo, live video, or preset to create unique and beautiful works of unrecognizable artworks. This app rather reminds me of the Windows Media Player visualization option for your music. It's interesting to see an application that gives that freedom back to the user, but I don't find it extremely creative or unique. Fluid Automata, Live Video Streaming (2011) from Angus Forbes on Vimeo. There are some huge pitfalls in this application! The biggest pitfall is how it caused my iPad to crash 3 times before locking me out of my iPad by making my screen totally unresponsive. I even had to take it to the CIA IT department to get it fixed. Upon receiving my iPad back, I promptly deleted this application from my iPad to prevent further problems. Another seems to be that it it nearly completely live and you can't save videos of what you're doing, only pictures. I give this application a barely 1 out of 5. I have to be honest here. This app is not very creative, rather boring, incredibly overly buggy, and not very responsive, despite the multiple sliders that show up on the screen. I would not recommend this app to anyone who values the shelf life of their iPad or has anything else to do. I researched other users' experiences with this application and found that I am not alone in my thoughts. I truly believe that this application would be much more enjoyable if it worked and my opinion would be nearly completely changed. But overall, it goes without saying that I hated this app, unlike any other app I have ever seen or reviewed before. For those of you who hate Apple and want to risk destroying your equipment, the link to purchase Fluid Automata is below.To hard restart your iPad, hold down both the home button and the button on the top of your iPad until it shuts itself off. Fluid Automata in iTunes - $1.99

0