Apr. 29: Financial Aid Night at CIA
Register here.

Blog . DeckPub

DeckPub

04/12/12  |  Posted by Keri Svoboda  |  Posted in Digital Creativity

Ever wish you could make a slideshow portfolio to show off your amazing work in a slideshow without dragging someone to a computer? Now you can! DeckPub is a site that allows you to create PowerPoint-like presentations for your iPad. Unfortunately, you must access this site from a computer to reap the benefits fully. Using DeckPub from your iPad still has some connectivity glitches on start up. The site allows you to input a combination of video, pictures, and text in different formats (also known as templates) like slide shows, books, catalogs, and albums. From there, you can choose the layout design of the presentation for each slide. I made a mockup presentation for a project that I will be finishing soon for a class by using DeckPub to help me get financing for a project. Below is an example of what I managed to do in a short amount of time. Presentation to promote mushroom spore sculpture This site has some MAJOR problems. First and foremost, it doesn't always save your work. It deleted my work four different times. My advice is that you have all of your typing work done in Microsoft Word before you start so that you don't lose your work every time. The positive side is that everything is free. You can edit the background image and colors of the text, just like in PowerPoint as well. I give this site a 2 out of 5 simply because there were so many glitches. I don't recommend that you do these presentations on your iPad because of them. The idea is great and provides an alternative to the traditional computer presentation. Visit DeckPub's site http://designnotes.info/?p=6450 FREE

0