It's not too late to apply
Get started here.

Blog . What's for Dinner? Cooking Apps

What's for Dinner? Cooking Apps

11/22/11  |  Posted by Keri Svoboda  |  Posted in Digital Canvas - Apps & Accessories

How do you find the recipe for dinner? What kind of desserts do you want? What can keep you up for hours at a time? This entire post is dedicated to answering your edible needs. THE BETTY CROCKER COOKBOOK I grew up on Betty Crocker when my grandma pulled her battered and worn Betty Crocker cookbook down from the top shelf. I remember looking at the poorly colored pictures of the deserts (if there were any) and wishing that the directions would be a little clearer. Betty Crocker has gone digital now, and my grandmother's cooking expertise can be simplified with the virtual interface. The iPad application offers a great many extras in the interface, including step-by-step instructions, pictures, nutrition values, ingredient searches, videos, and even built-in timers for baking! So let's say that for Thanksgiving, you're a little tight on money and your cousin gave you 10 pounds of broccoli that will go bad if you don't use it. Simply type broccoli into the search bar for ingredients to get a list of every recipe with broccoli in it from salads to strata! Betty Crocker is my favorite cookbook. With the interactive interface, cooking like Grandma will be a piece of cake, unless I burn the batter again. This application gets a 5 out of 5 for functionality, easiness, and yum-ability! Betty Crocker in iTunes - FREE CAFF COOKBOOK by Avitae As of late, with finals quickly approaching, my daily supplement of caffeine is not enough anymore. I need a little nutrition with my caffeine. Thank the caffeine gods for this application then! With a full list of recipes to make with a little bit of avitae water (available at most grocery stores), you can keep on going until you "can't go no more!" We're not just talking energy drinks, people! There are also smoothies, alcoholic beverages, desserts, and full meals that you can caffeinate. Avitae also tells you exactly how to prepare your meals and beverages so you can keep it going and keep it real. But please remember to sleep too! Caff Cookbook gets a 5 out of 5 for keeping me awake and a little healthier than I would have been without it! Caff Cookbook in iTunes - FREE SMOOTHIES LITE Smoothies Lite is a healthy way to spice up your fruits and vegetables. However, of the three cookbooks I've mentioned so far, this is the most difficult to understand by far. The recipes are not well-organized and the touch effect doesn't always work. However, the recipes that are in this cookbook are good and not all of them require ice. Despite its flaws, the images are well laid out with a designer's eye in mind. The pages look pretty and the pictures of the smoothies look clean and yummy. This is the only cookbook app that I will give only a 4 out of 5. Smoothies Lite in iTunes - FREE GET COOKING! There's no reason to sit around with a grumbly tummy any longer! Use your iPad to fill your plate, use up some old ingredients, and try something new. All of these applications are free to use and ready for you to be full.

0