View full story holidaycardrawley.jpg

Story: Dec 17, 2014

Students animate, illustrate holiday greetings on behalf of ...

View details Fall 2014 Exhibitions

CIA Exhibition: Nov 07, 2014

Fall 2014 Exhibitions

View full story madesurrealvictoriabest4041.jpg

Story: Nov 15, 2014

Students capture two of the top prizes in museum's surreal d...

View details Spring 2015 Open House

Events: Mar 21, 2015

Spring 2015 Open House

View Link

Social: about 18 hours ago via Facebook

Cleveland Institute of Art has again received a significant funding commitment from Cuyahoga Arts & Culture to support access to the arts!

View full story dsc92052.jpg

Story: Nov 04, 2014

New CIA building taking shape; set for December completion

View full story unknown.png

Story: Nov 03, 2014

New Uptown Residence Hall featured in CIA video

View full story bestregmidwest.jpg

Story: Aug 18, 2014

CIA again named to "Best in the Midwest" list

Blog . Cell Cycle Jewelry Design

Cell Cycle Jewelry Design

10/04/11  |  Posted by Amber Luning  |  Posted in Digital Creativity

Nervous System is a company that has been interesting to follow. All of their work uses mathematics and programming to create surprisingly smooth and organic shapes for jewelry and housewares, and they've always been on the forefront of using new technology in design and production. Their newest app, "Cell Cycle", designs super organic mesh jewelry in the shape of toruses (that's doughnuts, for the geometrically disinclined). While it isn't available to the public, the videos are still quite interesting. The ease and flow with which a unique design comes forth is quite stunning. and so is the jewelry that comes from it. The algorithm used in this jewelry design software is actually quite beautiful on its own, reminiscent of Cell Division, much like the name implies. For anyone wanting a cell cycle ring or bracelet of their own, the app is not available for general use. But a web based applett is available to play with at http://n-e-r-v-o-u-s.com/cellCycle/index.php. Just watch out, they can get quite expensive quite fast! Nervous System's other work can be found at http://n-e-r-v-o-u-s.com/index.php, or their work is currently available for sale at Cleveland's very own MOCA.

3